Practicing regular meditation can have an overall positive relaxation effect on the body as it activates the parasympathetic nervous system, calming the body instantly and creating an environment ideal for optimal psychological and physical performance. The incredible Laura Poole (Program developer and Content Producer Meditation Teacher for the number one meditation app, One Giant Mind) shares the changes she’s seen in her life since she made meditation a daily practice, in hope to inspire others to commit to a daily practice of meditation too.
- “I’m less dependent on the outside world to make me happy. Realisation? Happiness is an inside job.” – We couldn’t’ agree more, at Studio PP, we live by this quote everyday. Don’t assign anyone else that much power over your life.
- “I’m happy with my body, accepting my looks as who I am and paying attention to the things that are great rather then getting caught up on the negatives or things I hate. There’s no point wasting valuable time on things you can’t change. Love your body – it’s the only one you’ve got. Note: I’m still working on complete self-love – this is a continual journey that is infinitely deep.”
- “I’m less reactive and have the awareness to know when my body is going into a stress reaction and can take responsibility for my experience and implement ways to manage it – even if it means leaving the room and having a cry by myself for a little while. ”
- “I am able to let go of things and move on. Holding on is pointless.”
- “I can see in others, the experience I use to have – being a constant slave to the mind. Through this awareness I have compassion and deep love for them, knowing their true nature is divine… even though they may be shitting me to tears in the moment.”
- “I recover from stress quickly. My body and mind are flexible and adaptable.”
- “I’m not angry anymore – when things don’t go ‘my way’ I don’t lose my shit… I pay greater attention to what’s going on in the present moment and see how a different way of preceding could produce an even better result. ”
- “I’m trusting more and more each day; trusting nature, the universe and myself. Everything’s actually all good (no matter what your mind tells you).”
- “I’m more present – able to connect with people on a heart to heart level rather then mind to mind. I don’t have to ‘make my point’ or always be right. I’m more interested in a dialogue, learning something about the other person and sharing in a moment where we are both completely ourselves.”